
credit: fuckyeahhappy.tumblr.com
"There were many things in life like that. You couldn't imagine it, and then it happened and you couldn't really imagine it hadn't."
- 'The Last Summer (of You & Me)' by Ann Brashares
1. The Last Summer
- 'The Last Summer (of You & Me)' by Ann Brashares
1. The Last Summer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lastsummerbrashares.jpg
A few more pages to go.
A bittersweet story about the complicated relationship among 3 best friends, 2 of whom were sisters.
It just pains you when you love a particular character so much that it gets hard not to get yourself emotionally involved in the story.
and it made me realize how painful it is to be torn between 2 people you love (in completely differently ways)
Anyway, it also made me realize how characters named 'Alice' are usually sweet, introverted, beautiful, gentle and well... more fragile. (I'm not saying there's no exception, but generally that's the idea that I get from films and novels that I've read)
oh and guess what,
there's going to be a film adaptation for this novel! (Bought by Warner Brothers)
2. Nada Sou Sou aka 'Tears For You'

http://youth.sg/blog/2007/03/18/movie-review-nada-sou-sou/
Finally watched this film after sooooo long.
A typical tearjerker. (though I remained dry-eyed throughout, with just that pinch in my heart towards the end)
sometimes, you really wonder what's the point of watching films that are supposed to make you tear.
I think... it's so as to make you understand the fragility of many many things.
although you may dismiss them as mere fiction with predictable plots that leave you little or no impression which are meant to trick young girls and obasans to watch, I really beg to differ.
Before I proceed, I must confess that there are times when I roll my eyes (in the mind) when I come across some incredibly soapy dramas.
But have you ever wondered what is the appeal of such... tear jerkers?
I believe it is to feel the 感动 that seem to be missing from our lives.
that good ol' wrench of the heart, hot tears pooling in your eyes feeling.
don't you think so?
3. Fathers Day celebration
(I can't find my camera cable anywhere)
Dad treated us to Vienna International Seafood & Teppanyaki Buffet Restaurant.
some afterthoughts:
- It is really $$. (thank goodness we had discount since my dad knows the boss)
- Had 48623784 cups of tea. (flower infusion, peach infusion tea, green tea...)
- What left the deepest impression in me is probably the test-tube fruit juice and sweet red wine. HAHAHA. and the peking duck crepe.
- Salmon sashimi!
- Prawn fruit salad was good too.
- Beansprouts and veggie teppanyaki tasted better than the dory and chicken. XD
- Mini Buddha Jump Over the Wall :)
- Broccoli yum yum!
Verdict:
Treating me to expensive buffet is a waste of money because
- I'm just wasting stomach space by consuming so many freaking cups of tea and test-tubes of juices and a big bowl of aloe vera.
- Gave the expensive seafood a miss since I don't eat oysters and didn't eat the black-pepper crab nor the lobster. baaah.
- Didn't touch the cakes & ice cream since my stomach was exploding at the end of the day.
- Didn't touch ANY sushi at all.
but still, I was so, so full, I thought I really might puke in SG's car later on.
In fact, I'm still full. XD
I should try fasting for the next 3 months.
4. World Cup 2010
Are you guys caught up with the world cup fever too? :)
Managed to catch the opening match and the Argentina-Nigeria match.
It's really quite interesting to watch in public places because I really enjoy observing other people's reactions whenever there's a goal attempt.
(random: I typed 'goat' instead of 'goal' initially)
all the 'OHHHHHHHH~~~!' and 'URGHHHHHHHH~~~~~!'
hahaha.
5. Lovely weather today! :)
6. I hope you can smile genuinely again and not let the negativity get to you. :)

7. Survivor

The lost innocence.
from hurt, from anger, from vengeance.
"Anger had a way of bending around and biting its owner." - 'The Last Summer (Of You & Me)' by Ann Brashares
nevertheless, I can empathize, I can understand.
I don't mind the responsibility of it.
I don't mind listening to you.
Just so as to give you the support and strength you need.
Because I've been through it.
you're so, so strong, my dear girl.
I don't know what else to say but to give you a pat on the shoulder and tell you
"You're a survivor."
8. Lop Ear Bunny

http://www.mybunnyblog.com/sprinkle/
Saw a cutie at a pet shop which looks pretty much like the lop ear bunny in the pic.
oh man. should I really get a pet now?
9. Piano
scales giving me a terrible headache.
10. TEA
I'm starting to love tea a lot a lot now.
what if one day it replaces coffee as my number 1 source of caffeine?
and after reading Mabel's blog, I'm going to visit Royal Copenhagen one day! :)
11. SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO!!
Based on the lyrics of the extremely popular song 'Hanamizuki' by Hitoto Yo/Hideaki Tokunaga
(rough translation of the tagline)
"Will you and the person you love keep on going for 100 years?"
The official trailer (FINALLY) of 'Hanamizuki'.
Directed by Nobuhiro Doi, the director of 'Be With You' and 'Nada Sou Sou' and a whole long list of dramas.
Another tearjerker, I believe.
starring ARAGAKI YUI and Ikuta Toma! :)
12. Embracing myself.
to end off,
I'm still slowly learning to come to terms with myself.
to learn to be honest with myself and to love myself more.
there are just so many things that I hate about myself:
I hate that side of me which is incredibly judgemental and harsh on myself.
I hate the fact that I care so much about how others perceive me, to the point that I find it hard to behave like myself.
I hate it when I don't give myself room for error and excuses to be imperfect (though I'm incredibly flawed)
and all these just sum up and make me an angry person on in the inside.
constantly battling with myself and making groundless comparisons.
because of this, I find it hard to be honest to myself and to open up to people.
I find it hard to talk about my deepest insecurities and fears simply because I don't want to see sympathy in their eyes.
I still remember saying this not long ago.
"If you can't empathize with me, there's no need to sympathize me."
I'm like a clam.
I often don't even know where to start.
And regarding the part on revealing my problems and deepest secrets, it has always been the kind of 'if you don't ask, I won't say' basis.
Unhealthy, yes.
but sometimes, I'd rather things remain this way.
even so, when something big or important occurs, I'll still talk about it to people whom I trust, people who truly matter to me.
I often don't even know where to start.
And regarding the part on revealing my problems and deepest secrets, it has always been the kind of 'if you don't ask, I won't say' basis.
Unhealthy, yes.
but sometimes, I'd rather things remain this way.
even so, when something big or important occurs, I'll still talk about it to people whom I trust, people who truly matter to me.
I don't mean to be secretive or mysterious.
It's just that I often don't see a point in saying things aloud.
call me insensitive or just plain blockhead.
I'm not somebody who reveals everything on facebook, twitter or blog.
I'm not somebody who values complete transparency, as if living in a glass box.
To sidetrack a little,
My sis rolls her eyes at people who reveal EVERYTHING online and often complains to me about those 'childish, shallow' people.
ok back to the point.
the point is that
I'm slowly learning to open up more.
To be more blind to other people's expressions.
perhaps then, I'll become a happier person.
someone who embraces herself.
It's just that I often don't see a point in saying things aloud.
call me insensitive or just plain blockhead.
I'm not somebody who reveals everything on facebook, twitter or blog.
I'm not somebody who values complete transparency, as if living in a glass box.
To sidetrack a little,
My sis rolls her eyes at people who reveal EVERYTHING online and often complains to me about those 'childish, shallow' people.
ok back to the point.
the point is that
I'm slowly learning to open up more.
To be more blind to other people's expressions.
perhaps then, I'll become a happier person.
someone who embraces herself.
No comments:
Post a Comment